|Name:||Boring Old Menu Bar 1.25 [HCiSO]_Freemactorrent.com.dmg|
|Files||Boring Old Menu Bar 1.25 [HCiSO]_Freemactorrent.com.dmg [4 MB]|
Boring Old Menu Bar 1.25 macOS
macOS 11 Big Sur does many things right and after a bit of getting used to, the visual style really grows on you. The transparent menu bar, however, is a bit of a legibility nightmare and something I could not live with. So I developed Boring Old Menu Bar to bring the “perfectly fine” macOS Catalina menu bar to macOS 11 Big Sur.
The Catalina menu bar is perfectly fine, but white looks better in the light mode.. and while I’m at it why not add more options?
Should Apple have gone for rounded screen corners to complete the iPad-esque look? Judge yourself.
- Separate settings for light and dark mode
- Support for dynamic wall papers
- Support for multiple desktops (spaces)
- Support for multiple displays
- Possibility to hide the menu bar icon to reclaim space
- No haxies, KEXT, etc..
- Based on perfectly safe programming practices: the worst that can happen is that you have to force quit & manually set your desktop wallpaper again from the System Preferences
- Rounded screen corners can be independently activated
- Native Apple Silicon support
- The kind of user interface that you expect from a Mac app
- Recognizes resolution & desktop image changes automatically
- Automatic software updates
- Developed by a team with over twenty years of continuous Mac development
Boring Old Menu Bar is brought to you by a development team with over 20 years of Mac software development experience, and is based on the very latest platform technologies.
- The new version addresses an issue that would cause macOS to quietly kill the application process at unpredictable times, but usually while either the display or the machine are asleep.
Compatibility: macOS 11.0 or later